I Ruff You: 5 Ways To Show Your Pets You Love Them
With Valentine’s Day behind us, it’s possible that you have realized that nobody loves you, like your pet loves you. This special someone in your life sleeps with you every night, loves you unconditionally, would never leave you, and greets you at the door each day with a slobbery kiss or cheek rub. In case you haven’t figured it out yet, we’re talking about your pet.
The Pet Experts at Elmhurst Animal Care Center knows how much you love your pets, that’s why we have put together a list of the top 5 ways pet parents can express their love to the important animals in their live, even if it’s not Valentine’s Day.
Show Your Pet Some Love
It doesn’t take a lot of money or planning to give a meaningful gift to your beloved pet this Valentine’s day:
- The gift of play – Whether you have a dog, cat, rabbit, guinea pig, or parakeet, we’re guessing there’s a pretty good chance your pet loves to play! Playing with your pet not only supports bonding, it stimulates your pet’s brain and keeps his or her body active and healthy. Make play a priority this Valentine’s Day, and every day after.
- The gift of wellness – We hope you’ve been making it to your pet’s annual or biannual wellness exams, and if you haven’t we encourage you to give us a call today to schedule an appointment. Regular checkups keep your pet healthier and can even extend his or her life.
- The gift of beauty – A grooming session may not be your pet’s idea of the perfect Valentine’s Day gift, but regular bathing, brushing, nail trimming, and ear cleaning keeps your pet happier and contributes to his or her overall wellness. Treat your pet to a spa day at out Bubbly Spa Grooming salon, or stay in and bathe and brush your best pal at home.
- The gift of sustenance – Providing your pet with a high quality, nutritious diet and plenty of fresh water are two of the fundamentals of responsible pet ownership. But every person and pet deserves a little treat now and again, right? Nothing says “I love you” like batch of healthy, homemade dog or cat treats for your furry loved one this Valentine’s day.
- The gift of time – Perhaps the best way to show your pet you care is by taking time out of each and every day to focus on him or her. Kind words, snuggles, walks, playtime, training, and grooming all serve to strengthen and deepen the bond between you and your pet, and who could ask for a better gift than that?
From all of us here at Elmhurst Animal Care Center, happy Valentine’s Day!
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
Keep Your Pet Healthy All Year Round!
We offer plans for puppies, kittens, adult dogs & cats. With affordable monthly payments and our convenient hours, it's the best value in helping your pet live a longer & healthier life! Call us at 630.530.1900 for details!
Meet Our Adoptable Animals!
We are currently fostering some great pets available for adoption! Visit our Featured Foster page HERE to view all animals available for adoption and make an appointment to meet them at our clinic by calling us at 630.530.1900!