Get Your Puppy or Kitten Off to a Healthy Start
Welcoming a new puppy or kitten into your home can be an exciting–and challenging–experience. We work closely with new owners to ensure pets receive a healthy start and to develop a strong bond as soon as possible.
What to Expect During Your Visit
We recommend your puppy or kitten be seen by a doctor between 6-8 weeks of age. During the first visit, your pet will receive:
- A hands-on, head to tail physical examination
- First vaccinations and an ongoing vaccine protocol schedule
- Testing for parasites and worms
- Prophylactic deworming designed to protect your pet and other family members
- Flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives
- Testing for feline leukemia and immunodeficiency virus
- Nutritional counseling
- Behavioral counseling
Your pet’s veterinarian will also provide important information, including:
- Spay and neuter services
- Dog training services
- Preventative care plans for puppies and kittens
- Answers to questions or concerns you may have
- A copy of our puppy and kitten packet containing extensive information about how to care for your pet during the first year
- A link to your pet’s medical records that you can access online 24/7
Continuous Care for Your New Pet
During your puppy or kitten’s initial months of care, please anticipate the need for multiple visits. Due to their limited immune systems, young pets may require additional exams, vaccinations, medications, deworming’s, or ongoing training. In the event any of these are necessary, your doctor will discuss your available options in complete detail.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
Mystic Market & Halloween Party!
Join us for an afternoon of relaxation and magic, visit the Mystic Market & Halloween Party benefiting Magnificent Mutts Rescue & Sacred Space Animal Sanctuary and Rescue. Check out the Facebook event HERE.
Check out our Preventative Care Plans!
Keep your pet healthy all year round, save money and get peace of mind! Read more about our Preventative Care Plans HERE.
Celebrating 20 Years!
A huge THANK YOU to our practice manager, Leslie Shibovich, who celebrates her 20 year anniversary this fall!