Get Your Puppy or Kitten Off to a Healthy Start
Welcoming a new puppy or kitten into your home can be an exciting–and challenging–experience. We work closely with new owners to ensure pets receive a healthy start and to develop a strong bond as soon as possible.
What to Expect During Your Visit
We recommend your puppy or kitten be seen by a doctor between 6-8 weeks of age. During the first visit, your pet will receive:
- A hands-on, head to tail physical examination
- First vaccinations and an ongoing vaccine protocol schedule
- Testing for parasites and worms
- Prophylactic deworming designed to protect your pet and other family members
- Flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives
- Testing for feline leukemia and immunodeficiency virus
- Nutritional counseling
- Behavioral counseling
Your pet’s veterinarian will also provide important information, including:
- Spay and neuter services
- Dog training services
- Preventative care plans for puppies and kittens
- Answers to questions or concerns you may have
- A copy of our puppy and kitten packet containing extensive information about how to care for your pet during the first year
- A link to your pet’s medical records that you can access online 24/7
Continuous Care for Your New Pet
During your puppy or kitten’s initial months of care, please anticipate the need for multiple visits. Due to their limited immune systems, young pets may require additional exams, vaccinations, medications, deworming’s, or ongoing training. In the event any of these are necessary, your doctor will discuss your available options in complete detail.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
SOLD OUT! Yoga: Cats and Mats (Evening Edition)
Join us Wednesday, February 21st from 7:00PM - 8:30PM for the evening edition of Yoga: Cats & Mats! Partnering with our friends at Magnificent Mutts & Meows Rescue, this beginners level class will have cats and kittens wandering the room, all of which will be available for adoption! This class will be taught in candlelight (pet safe for our furry friends) and complimentary wine will also be served after the class. Tickets are SOLD OUT! Please stay tuned for future Cat Yoga Events!
Spring Adoption Event!
Join us and Magnificent Mutts & Meows Rescue for our Easter/Spring Adoption Event on Saturday, March 24 from 10AM - 2PM! There will be pets available for adoption as well as $5 photos with the Easter Bunny! Enjoy light food, refreshments, shop vendors and more! All proceeds benefit Magnificent Mutts & Meows Rescue.
Book Your Pet's Dental Cleaning Today & Save!
Book Today! Call us at 630-530-1900 to book your pet's dental appointment!
Offer valid February 1 - February 28, 2018.