Get Your Puppy or Kitten Off to a Healthy Start
Welcoming a new puppy or kitten into your home can be an exciting–and challenging–experience. We work closely with new owners to ensure pets receive a healthy start and to develop a strong bond as soon as possible.
What to Expect During Your Visit
We recommend your puppy or kitten be seen by a doctor between 6-8 weeks of age. During the first visit, your pet will receive:
- A hands-on, head to tail physical examination
- First vaccinations and an ongoing vaccine protocol schedule
- Testing for parasites and worms
- Prophylactic deworming designed to protect your pet and other family members
- Flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives
- Testing for feline leukemia and immunodeficiency virus
- Nutritional counseling
- Behavioral counseling
Your pet’s veterinarian will also provide important information, including:
- Spay and neuter services
- Dog training services
- Preventative care plans for puppies and kittens
- Answers to questions or concerns you may have
- A copy of our puppy and kitten packet containing extensive information about how to care for your pet during the first year
- A link to your pet’s medical records that you can access online 24/7
Continuous Care for Your New Pet
During your puppy or kitten’s initial months of care, please anticipate the need for multiple visits. Due to their limited immune systems, young pets may require additional exams, vaccinations, medications, deworming’s, or ongoing training. In the event any of these are necessary, your doctor will discuss your available options in complete detail.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
We Are a Toys for Tots Drop Off Location!
Now through December 15th we are collecting for Toys for Tots! Please feel free to bring in new, unwrapped toys (no stuffed animals or toy weapons, please.)
In addition, we are also collecting new/gently used pet toys that will go to our rescue partners and animals in need.
Collection bins are located in our lobby and can be dropped off during regular business hours. Thank you!
Holiday Hours & Closings!
Holiday Party & Adoption Event!
Join us for our annual Holiday Party & Adoption Event! Bring your pet along for $10 photos with Santa & Mrs. Claus from 9AM - 1PM and meet animals available for adoption from 10AM - 2PM. There will be a bake sale, vendors, raffles and more! All proceeds benefit our rescue partners at Magnificent Mutts & Meows Rescue.