Heartworm Disease: How Much Do You Know
Heartworm disease is no joke. It is a very serious problem for pets that, with a little effort, is almost completely preventable. Here are a few facts regarding heartworm disease so that you can better understand how to protect your pet:
- Heartworms grow inside the heart, lungs, and associated vessels.
- Heartworm disease is transmitted by female mosquitoes.
- Both dogs and cats can become infected.
- Heartworm disease has been found in ALL 50 states.
- Pets that are infected may not exhibit any signs until serious problems and even death occur.
- There is a treatment for heartworm disease in dogs, although the treatment is expensive and can have a high risk of complications. No treatment is currently available for cats.
Contact us and we can help you to decide what the best preventative plan is for your pet. By educating yourself you can protect your dog or cat from this scary disease.
No Online Appointments
We are not accepting online appointments at this time