It’s Not a Stretch to Practice Pet Yoga at Home
While it’s incredibly satisfying to practice yoga in a studio among other yogis, it’s equally lovely to settle into some deep stretches in the comfort of your own home. Indeed, diving into your own blend of asanas – at your own pace – can yield great results (without having to get yourself home afterwards).
Likewise, there are terrific opportunities out there to practice yoga with animals (whether they’re yours or not!). If you’re looking for a laid back and simple experience, try pet yoga at home with some of The Pet Experts’ favorite poses.
Inspired by Animals
Even if you’re new to yoga, you can’t miss the asanas inspired by the animals they’re named after. Downward-facing and upward-facing dog are arguably the most recognizable poses (and ones we see our pets do on a daily basis!). The following are also integral to a meaningful pet-centric practice:
One Step Further
If you and your pet are no strangers to yoga, it might be fun to try out these poses together:
- Plank – You’re supported by your own arm and leg strength while your pet hops on your back.
- Upward bow – A little backbend once in awhile does wonders for the body, but it’s especially wonderful when your pet lays underneath your raised backside.
- Crow – This pose is incredible for arm balance, and you’ll be extra focused when your pet decides to rub up against you or pants in your face while in this asana.
- Crocodile – We love this asana (it’s like cobra…but easier!) because it benefits an achy back while giving your cat or dog a place to chill. Win-win!
- Triangle – The impact of this asana cannot be overstated. If you hold your pet while sinking deeper with every breath, you’re really going to come out relaxed (not to mention buff)!
- Wheel – Instead of having your pet under you while suspended, how about inviting them to hang out on your belly while you tackle this challenging pose? Just be careful when lowering your back to the floor. Your pet might not be so keen for the ride to be over!
Don’t Force Pet Yoga at Home
When practicing pet yoga at home, try not to have super high expectations. Some pets get really into it and mimic your every move. Some simply tolerate being picked up while you move in and out of asanas. Others just take a nap in the most inconvenient place. Whatever the case, we hope you embrace the opportunity to create meaningful moments with your best fur friend.
Check out our last puppy yoga event. It was a huge success!
As always, The Pet Experts are here if you have any questions or concerns about your pet’s exercise, health, and general well being.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
Meet Our Adoptable Animals!
We are currently fostering some great pets available for adoption! Visit our Featured Foster page HERE to view all animals available for adoption and make an appointment to meet them at our clinic by calling us at 630.530.1900!
Holiday Hours & Closings!
Please note our Holiday Hours and Closings! For Emergency Services during Holiday Hours, you MUST call 630.337.3070!
New Dog or Puppy? Time For Training!
Training is an important part of any dog's life! From providing mental stimulation to exercise and proper socialization, training will help in the development of a great canine companion! We are now enrolling for Basic Obedience Classes! Give us a call at 630.530.1900 to register your pet or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific questions you may have! The cost of the 6-week class is $120.
Keep Your Pet Healthy All Year Round!
We offer plans for puppies, kittens, adult dogs & cats. With affordable monthly payments and our convenient hours, it's the best value in helping your pet live a longer & healthier life! Call us at 630.530.1900 for details!