November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month!
Here are the top 10 reasons to consider adopting an older pet when making an addition to your family!
- By taking home a senior pet you are making a statement- to your friends, your family, and to society, that these lives are valuable too!
- An older pet is more likely to already be housebroken. No puppy puddles!
- You know what size pet you are getting!
- They are ready to go- you can immediately start the fun activities associated with pet ownership like going for walks as they probably can already walk on a leash!
- Your love and attention won’t ever go unappreciated.
- Because senior pets are usually the last to be adopted and the first to be euthanized in a shelter, you can feel good knowing that you have very likely saved a life.
- You will be ensuring your new older pet a comfortable, happy life instead of one in a shelter.
- A senior pet is not likely to demand as much attention as a younger animal- by adopting a senior citizen you can finish your cup of coffee in peace!
- What you see is what you get. You can more easily assess temperament, health issues, and other behavior traits in an older pet.
- You can go to sleep each night knowing that you have made a good choice.
And remember, bring your newly adopted pet to us for a first exam, parasite check, and rabies shot – all FREE!
No Online Appointments
We are not accepting online appointments at this time
News & Events
Sign Up for Pet Records
Hill's to Home Delivery
Don't want to leave the house for your pet's food? Now you don't have to. Use our Hill's to Home delivery service for free shipping with no minimum threshold.
Want your Hill's pet food delivered right to your door? Get 30% off your first autoship order and free shipping with Hill's to Home.