Summer is the season of parties- graduations, barbeques, family reunions. Your pet is part of the family, and it is only natural to want to include him/her in the celebrations. You probably know to keep your pet away from open flames, fireworks, chocolate, and bones. Here are a few lesser known (but just as dangerous!) hazards to keep your party animal away from:
- Corn cobs- These tasty castaways are very likely to become lodged in the intestine as they make their way through the digestive tract.
- Fruit pits (like peaches)- These are also likely to become lodged in the digestive tract. Believe it or not, cats are as likely to be affected by this type of foreign body as dogs!
- Skewers- These throwaways once held tasty treats, but now they are more likely to puncture your pet’s esophagus, stomach, or small intestine.
- Foil, plastic wrap, and string- These may be garbage to you, but they taste like dinner to your pet. Be sure your garbage is not accessible to Fido and Fluffy.
- Gravel or dirt- Grease and/or meat drippings can make these normally non-edible items extra tasty. Eating these in large amounts can cause your pet problems!
Please contact us if you have any questions.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
Keep Your Pet Healthy All Year Round!
We offer plans for puppies, kittens, adult dogs & cats. With affordable monthly payments and our convenient hours, it's the best value in helping your pet live a longer & healthier life! Call us at 630.530.1900 for details!
Meet Our Adoptable Animals!
We are currently fostering some great pets available for adoption! Visit our Featured Foster page HERE to view all animals available for adoption and make an appointment to meet them at our clinic by calling us at 630.530.1900!