Posts Tagged: Adopt a Senior Pet Month
Here are the top 10 reasons to consider adopting an older pet when making an addition to your family!
- By taking home a senior pet you are making a statement- to your friends, your family, and to society, that these lives are valuable too!
- An older pet is more likely to already be housebroken. No puppy puddles!
- You know what size pet you are getting!
- They are ready to go- you can immediately start the fun activities associated with pet ownership like going for walks as they probably can already walk on a leash!
- Your love and attention won’t ever go unappreciated.
- Because senior pets are usually the last to be adopted and the first to be euthanized in a shelter, you can feel good knowing that you have very likely saved a life.
- You will be ensuring your new older pet a comfortable, happy life instead of one in a shelter.
- A senior pet is not likely to demand as much attention as a younger animal- by adopting a senior citizen you can finish your cup of coffee in peace!
- What you see is what you get. You can more easily assess temperament, health issues, and other behavior traits in an older pet.
- You can go to sleep each night knowing that you have made a good choice.
And remember, bring your newly adopted pet to us for a first exam, parasite check, and rabies shot – all FREE!