Posts Tagged: heartworm prevention
Heartworms are a parasite that every pet owner should be familiar with. How much do you really know about this serious and formidable foe? See if you can answer the following questions.
Q: True or false? Heartworms only affect dogs.
A: False. While heartworm disease is mostly a dog problem, cats, ferrets, wolves, coyotes, foxes, and sea lions can all be infected. Continue…
Heartworm disease is no joke. It is a very serious problem for pets that, with a little effort, is almost completely preventable. Here are a few facts regarding heartworm disease so that you can better understand how to protect your pet:
- Heartworms grow inside the heart, lungs, and associated vessels.
- Heartworm disease is transmitted by female mosquitoes.
- Both dogs and cats can become infected.
- Heartworm disease has been found in ALL 50 states.
- Pets that are infected may not exhibit any signs until serious problems and even death occur.
- There is a treatment for heartworm disease in dogs, although the treatment is expensive and can have a high risk of complications. No treatment is currently available for cats.
Contact us and we can help you to decide what the best preventative plan is for your pet. By educating yourself you can protect your dog or cat from this scary disease.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
Keep Your Pet Healthy All Year Round!
We offer plans for puppies, kittens, adult dogs & cats. With affordable monthly payments and our convenient hours, it's the best value in helping your pet live a longer & healthier life! Call us at 630.530.1900 for details!
Meet Our Adoptable Animals!
We are currently fostering some great pets available for adoption! Visit our Featured Foster page HERE to view all animals available for adoption and make an appointment to meet them at our clinic by calling us at 630.530.1900!