Top Ten Signs of a Top Notch Boarding Facility
It is hard enough to leave your pooch or puss behind when you have to be away from home, let alone select somewhere for them to stay. Ease your worries by making sure your boarding facility displays all the signs of being a quality joint.
10. Separate lodging for cats and dogs. Especially for cats, this can be a big deal. Make sure the cats and dogs are not intermingled. Bonus points if cats are kept in an area that drowns out the noise of any barking dogs.
9. Spacious accommodations. Take a look and see if cage sizes seem appropriate to the size of the animal it contains. Don’t forget your pet may be staying more than a night or two.
8. Personalized care. Special diet requirements, medication administration, or caretaking requests should be honored (within reason of course).
7. Opportunity for exercise. Particularly if your pet is staying more than a few days, it is important that they are allowed the ability to stretch their legs and burn off some steam. Even pets that don’t require much exercise (couch potato kitties, older dogs) should be offered some form of interaction on a daily basis.
6. Caring staff. Talk to the people that will be taking care of your pets. Oftentimes you can get a good feel for their level of commitment to their job and to their furry guests.
5. Willingness for you to visit. A good facility should be willing to have you come and take a look around. This is often the best way to get a feel for the quality of care.
4. A plan. A top notch facility should know their policies, have a plan in place for medical emergencies, and ask you about your desires for specific situations.
3. Cleanliness. Of course anywhere that houses animals is bound to have some “accidents”, but overall pet’s living conditions should be clean and smells should be minimal.
2. Vaccination and other health requirements. If a boarding facility doesn’t ask for your pet’s vaccine status or de-worming history, chances are they haven’t asked for anyone else’s pet’s either. Your pet can come into contact with diseases at a place such as this, and a conscientious operation will be on top of these types of issues.
1. A genuine interest in your pet. This is often what separates the good from the great. A great facility will welcome your pet with open arms and offer the same caring touch that you would at home. The presence of a true interest in your pet is what will make you the most comfortable leaving your baby.
Be sure to consider us for boarding if you’re taking some time away. We would love to take care of your loved one, and we’re sure you’ll find we match up to all of the criteria listed above!
No Online Appointments
We are not accepting online appointments at this time
News & Events
Sign Up for Pet Records
Frontline Worker Boarding & Daycare Promotion