Get Your Puppy or Kitten Off to a Healthy Start
Welcoming a new puppy or kitten into your home can be an exciting–and challenging–experience. We work closely with new owners to ensure pets receive a healthy start and to develop a strong bond as soon as possible.
What to Expect During Your Visit
We recommend your puppy or kitten be seen by a doctor between 6-8 weeks of age. During the first visit, your pet will receive:
- A hands-on, head to tail physical examination
- First vaccinations and an ongoing vaccine protocol schedule
- Testing for parasites and worms
- Prophylactic deworming designed to protect your pet and other family members
- Flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives
- Testing for feline leukemia and immunodeficiency virus
- Nutritional counseling
- Behavioral counseling
Your pet’s veterinarian will also provide important information, including:
- Spay and neuter services
- Dog training services
- Preventative care plans for puppies and kittens
- Answers to questions or concerns you may have
- A copy of our puppy and kitten packet containing extensive information about how to care for your pet during the first year
- A link to your pet’s medical records that you can access online 24/7
Continuous Care for Your New Pet
During your puppy or kitten’s initial months of care, please anticipate the need for multiple visits. Due to their limited immune systems, young pets may require additional exams, vaccinations, medications, deworming’s, or ongoing training. In the event any of these are necessary, your doctor will discuss your available options in complete detail.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
Meet Our Adoptable Animals!
We are currently fostering some great pets available for adoption! Visit our Featured Foster page HERE to view all animals available for adoption and make an appointment to meet them at our clinic by calling us at 630.530.1900!
Holiday Hours & Closings!
Please note our Holiday Hours and Closings! For Emergency Services during Holiday Hours, you MUST call 630.337.3070!
Holiday Mystic Market & Adoption Event!
Save the date and join us on Saturday, December 1st from 11AM - 4:30PM for a Holiday Mystic Market & Adoption Event! Meet the featured readers and shop the amazing handcrafted items! TV's Svengoolie will be signing autographs from 2PM - 4PM! Meet adoptable pets from local rescues and bring your own pet along for $10 photos with Santa (11AM - 2PM)! Enjoy treats and light refreshements! Please also consider bringing a toy to donate to Toys for Tots. All proceeds benefit Magnificent Mutts & Meows Rescue and Sacred Space Animal Sanctuary.
We Are a Toys for Tots Drop Off Location!
Now through Thursday, December 13th we'll be collecting for Toys for Tots! Stop by during our normal business hours to drop off any new, unwrapped toys. No stuffed animals or toy weapons, please. Many thanks for your generosity during the holiday season!