Get Your Puppy or Kitten Off to a Healthy Start
Welcoming a new puppy or kitten into your home can be an exciting–and challenging–experience. We work closely with new owners to ensure pets receive a healthy start and to develop a strong bond as soon as possible.
What to Expect During Your Visit
We recommend your puppy or kitten be seen by a doctor between 6-8 weeks of age. During the first visit, your pet will receive:
- A hands-on, head to tail physical examination
- First vaccinations and an ongoing vaccine protocol schedule
- Testing for parasites and worms
- Prophylactic deworming designed to protect your pet and other family members
- Flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives
- Testing for feline leukemia and immunodeficiency virus
- Nutritional counseling
- Behavioral counseling
Your pet’s veterinarian will also provide important information, including:
- Spay and neuter services
- Dog training services
- Preventative care plans for puppies and kittens
- Answers to questions or concerns you may have
- A copy of our puppy and kitten packet containing extensive information about how to care for your pet during the first year
- A link to your pet’s medical records that you can access online 24/7
Continuous Care for Your New Pet
During your puppy or kitten’s initial months of care, please anticipate the need for multiple visits. Due to their limited immune systems, young pets may require additional exams, vaccinations, medications, deworming’s, or ongoing training. In the event any of these are necessary, your doctor will discuss your available options in complete detail.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
Save 10% on Heartworm Preventatives This April!
Best friends deserve the best care! Protect your pets with an annual heartworm test as well as a monthly preventative. Through April 30th, save 10% on Heartworm Preventatives. Cannot be combined with any other promotion or offer.
Sign Up for Training TODAY!
Training is back! We are excited to offer Puppy Class for dogs under 4 months where students learn socialization. Basic Manners Class will be offered for dogs 4 months and older focusing on manners and training basics (sit, down, etc.)
See below for the 6-week class schedule and give us a call at 630.530.1900 to register or with any questions! Students must be up to date on their vaccines prior to class start date!