We Care for Senior Pets
By the age of 7, most pets are considered to be seniors. Around this age, many pets also begin developing health conditions that can lead to more serious problems if left undetected and untreated. This is why we recommend twice yearly wellness exams for senior pets. Early detection, coupled with rigorous treatment and advanced care, can offer significant health benefits, including a longer, healthier life.
What to Expect During Your Visit
After the age of 7, we recommend a doctor see your senior pet every six months. During these visits, your pet can expect to receive:
- A hands-on, head to tail physical examination
- Vaccination boosters (if required)
- Testing for parasites and worms
- Parasite and heartworm preventatives
- A dental examination
- Nutritional counseling
- Diagnostic testing, which many include:
- Complete blood chemistry panel and blood count (CBC)
- Thyroid check
- Electrolyte check
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Advanced diagnostics
Your pet’s veterinarian will also provide important information, including:
- Pain management solutions
- Preventative care plans for dogs and cats
- Dog training services
- Answers to questions or concerns you may have
If your pet exhibits any of the following behaviors, do not hesitate to contact us:
- Loss or increase in appetite
- Loss or increase in thirst
- Aggressive or withdrawn behavior
- Problems hearing or seeing
- Pain or injury
- Labored breathing
- Dental problems
- Weight loss
To schedule an exam for your senior pet, please contact us today. We are open 7 days a week, with doctor’s hours Monday through Saturday. No appointments are required (but they are available if preferred). While we ask that all appointments be scheduled 48 hours in advance, it is sometimes possible to see a doctor the same day based on availability.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Hills to Home Delivery
Don't want to leave the house for your pet's food? Now you don't have to. Use our Hill's to Home delivery service for free shipping with no minimum threshold.
Want your Hill's pet food delivered right to your door? Get 30% off your first autoship order and free shipping with Hill's to Home. Email us today and we will get you set up for hassle free delivery!